Eligibility for re-accreditation
- Continuous membership of the BSE is required in order to be eligible for re-accreditation. Should your membership lapse during any given year within the 5-year accreditation period, your accreditation may be revoked and you may become ineligible to apply for re-accreditation.
- You will need to provide evidence of continued scanning activity (confirmed by your head of department / clinical lead) and of your participation in relevant courses and meetings (including copies of attendance certificates).
- Accredited members will not be required to submit a further logbook or video cases.
- An administration fee of £100 is applicable when applying for re-accreditation. This fee increases to £150 if you require attendance at a practical exam to attend a live scanning station.
- Completed applications can be submitted 6-12 weeks prior to your accreditation expiry date. Any applications received before this period will be placed on hold until this processing window opens.
- Depending on the date of submission, please allow 6-8 weeks for your application to be processed.
- Late submissions (up to 12 weeks past the accreditation expiry date) may incur an additional fee. Applications received after 12 weeks past the expiry date will not be considered and you will be required to begin the accreditation process from the beginning.
- If you are unable to complete the required number of scans per year, or accumulate the necessary points required for re-accreditation within the five year accreditation cycle, an extension can be considered.
- Unless otherwise stated, extensions will not be considered after the expiry of your re-accreditation deadline.
Find out more about requesting an extension.