Pre-registration for Spring 2023 opening on Monday 7 November 2022 and closing on Friday 23 December 2022
- All pre-registered candidates are expected to keep BSE membership payments up to date.
- Any special requirements must be applied for in writing and approved by the BSE Chair of Accreditation in advance of the exam-during the pre-registration window. Find out more about test accommodations.
- Once pre-registration is complete we will transfer your information to Pearson VUE to confirm your eligibility to sit the exam.
- Candidates who were unsuccessful in the previous attempt have been added to the exam authorisation list for this event. Pearson VUE will contact candidates accordingly.
- Late requests for pre-registration beyond the closing date will not be accepted.
- Pre-register here
The examination fee is £275.00, which covers the written exam and practical assessment (excluding practical booking fee). The fee will be paid through Pearson VUE during the booking time-frame (usually 2-3 months before the exam). The resit fee is £137.50. Resits must be taken within 12 months of the first sitting.
If your hospital trust will be completing the payment for your BSE written exam on your behalf, please inform us within the pre-registration window. Email [email protected] with a purchase order (stating candidates full name and BSE ID number), the full contact details of the team responsible for your payment, including name of staff member and their email address. Please note that payment from the hospital trust must be received before the registration opening date via Pearson VUE. We can only issue voucher codes to help candidates secure their exam booking if the Hospital/Trust has paid. Failure to do so would result in the candidate paying for the exam themselves during the booking window.
What to expect in the written exam
You can find full details of the assessment process, including more information on the theory and imaging sections of the written exam, in the relevant accreditation pack.
Each candidate will have their own monitor and will be able to replay videos during the examination. Full instructions will be provided on the day of the exam.
Find out more about what to expect in a Pearson VUE test centre.
Results are released 4-6 weeks after the exam. Results are uploaded to member profiles.