University of Leeds PG Cert Echocardiography
Our PGCert Echocardiography course is designed to match the professional development needs of healthcare professionals working with patients with conditions such as: ischaemic heart disease, heart failure, adult congenital heart disease, cardiomyopathies and pericardial disease. It develops highly competent practitioners as well as advanced practitioners who will make a real contribution to modern healthcare services.
This specialist course will appeal to a range of healthcare professionals including:
- Cardiac physiologists
- Cardiac nurse specialists
- Physician associates
- Allied health professionals
- You will develop specialist clinical expertise underpinned by in-depth theoretical knowledge, including the opportunity to apply learning to work based issues in echocardiography and echocardiography pathology
- You will have the opportunity to acquire an in-depth theoretical knowledge and understanding of the underlying scientific and technological principles of diagnostic ultrasound and a critical understanding of current and emergent diagnostic imaging equipment and technology
- You will learn the skills and knowledge which will enable you to perform a range of clinical examinations to high standards of diagnostic accuracy and safety
- You will develop an understanding of the evidence and research base of the discipline
- You will gain access to research cardiologists specifically researching into cardiac ultrasound
- Our research active cardiac physiologists will teach you on the course, which allows up to date and research led teaching
Our course content is specifically designed to meet the learning outcomes set by accredited professional bodies, to support the requirement to attain both postgraduate and professional body exams.
The curriculum content is designed to fit the British Society of Echocardiography (BSE) curriculum.
Start dates: Jan 2021 and Sep 2021
The module teaching time is designed to suit a distance learning model with attendance required for two week long intensive teaching sessions in Leeds. (In view of the current COVID-19 pandemic, we will assess the situation of the study weeks closer to the time they due to run and may need to replace these with online activities).
Find out more
This event is organised by an external provider and is not affiliated with the British Society of Echocardiography.