Practical exam - Coventry- May 2023
The TTE, ACCE, TOE, Congenital Echo and Level 1 practical examinations will be held at University Hospital Coventry on Sunday 21 May 2023. Please note- ACCE, TOE & L1 are subject to candidate demand and examiner availability.
Before registration complete the following steps:
- If Level 2 TTE, TOE, ACCE, Congenital, please pass the written exam
- Make sure your BSE membership is paid and up to date
- Login to your BSE account then complete registration
The practical assessment consists of 3 Stations
- Station 1- (logbook): All logbooks will be assessed prior to this assessment, and must be submitted via the portal in advance at any point before- Monday 27 March 2023 by 5pm. If logbooks are not submitted by the deadline (or an agreed date), registrations will be cancelled.
- Station 2 (live scanning): Candidates will be asked to acquire a number of views on a normal volunteer/ simulator. The assessor will be present in the room and may help adjust the echo machine buttons as directed by the candidate if the machine is unfamiliar. This will be done in a specified timescale.
- Station 3 (five viva cases): 5 video cases will be assessed at this station as per the accreditation guidelines.
- Station 3 for L1: identification of pathologies, cases presented by an examiner, candidate is to complete a report while viewing cases.
Candidates who successfully complete all three stations will be deemed to have passed the Accreditation process. Certificates will be issued on the day.
- Registrations: confirmations of times are emailed to candidates at least 4 weeks before the scheduled assessment (subject to logbook submission status). Times usually range from 08:30-18:00, the entire assessment can last up to 3 hours. We advise that candidates allow plenty of time for travel.
- Re-submission: first attempt candidates need only repeat the station at which they did not pass in the first attempt. Re-submission candidates receive reserved spaces at the next available assessment.
- Cancellations: all cancellations must be made in writing (email) providing appropriate information and reason for cancellation to [email protected] Cancellations less than one week's notice (7 calendar days or less) will be classed as a automatic fail. Further information on the Practical process can be found in the current accreditation pack. Please click here to download the relevant pack. If you have any issues with Registrations please contact us.
BSE reserve the right to reject registrations that are not eligible for this assessment
Registration not available.